family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Sunday, July 06, 2008

7 years ago today...

Seven years ago today I was playing with my baby girl at our new home. My husband was at work and life was going as planned. Seven years ago today my life changed when my husband died. And now that it has been 7 years, I have to say that although it is not the life I had chosen, this is the life I want. I am happy with my two kids and my husband. Yes, I still miss Tad and wonder what life would have been like with him but I don't wish it were that way. I have grown as a woman and mother, daughter and friend during this process and although it sucked (and often still does) I am a better person. I have learned that you only get one shot at this thing called life. Again, accidents happen. Like a good friend told me "It's like stepping in dog shit. It's an accident."

So as for today, another year, another July 6th, I am here. Sad and sifting through memories but I am here and loving every minute of what I get (at least I am trying).

I promise not to be one of those people who only post crappy things so when I get back home I will post some really great pictures of my amazing kids!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a profound and moving post, Danielle! You have taken one of life's most difficult moments and put it in a context that works for you in your current life. As always, your honesty is so raw and heartfelt.

The loss that you've experienced has changed you in so many ways, but the essence of the girl/woman that Tad loved--your humor, generosity, and your deep and abiding love for your family and friends--has not been lost at all.

You are and always will be an amazing woman and friend that I am proud to know and will continue to be motivated and inspired by.

I will always remember Tad on this day--not for his death--but for the wonderful person I was privileged to know, even though it was for such a brief time.

I was able to share his excitement and happiness for one of the most special moments of his life...the birth of Veda. I am so honored that he and I worked together to nurture you that day. Long before she arrived, he was her father in every sense of the word. The excitement that the two of you shared waiting for her to arrive was such a joy to behold; every baby should be so loved and wanted.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this occasion. I came here today to remember him and your words helped me to do that.

Love and hugs,
Victoria

Sunday, July 06, 2008 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger cari c said...

Stopping in because of the 6th as well. Will definitely miss Tad on this day and on the 11th, both. It is kind of "missing Tad" week. He was one of the funniest, silliest people I have ever known and hwe could always make anyone laugh.

But as for you, it is so great to read that you are doing so well and are happy with the life that you have made since he died. So glad for you and for Veda that you have found someone to make you happy!

Loves, cc

Monday, July 07, 2008 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! I had Tad posted on my calendar and yet the day got away from me and I did not get a call in to you. However, I did order a case of my Tad beer this past week. No wonder he was telling me to drink a beer.

It is amazing to see how your life has come full circle and that once again, you are happy to be alive. You have come so far and Tad would be proud of you.

Funny how someone you have never meet can be such a part of your life. I know personally that Tad touched so many lives, even in death. When my beer comes in....I will turn on the lava light you gave to Mia and drink a cold one in celebration of his life and the love you all shared.

I love you like a sister....even more! ha! Kiss the kids, Kiss Jeff, and be forever happy.

Holly

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:59:00 AM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

celtics jerseys
pandora charms
christian louboutin outlet
ugg boots
coach factory outlet
moncler uk
moncler jackets
roshe run 3
coach outlet online
nike roshe one
chenyingying20161206

Monday, December 05, 2016 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger ahmed deraz said...


مكافحة حشرات ابوظبى 0567410494 التاج الملكى
شركتنا التاج الملكى تعتبر
افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات ابوظبى
حيث تعمل على أبادة جميع الحشرات سواء الحشرات الزاحفة أو الحشرات الطائرة، وجميع الحشرات تضر بصحة الإنسان خاصة الأطفال لذا لابد التخلص من جميع الحشرات التي تؤذي صحة الإنسان، حيث أن
شركة مكافحة الفئران ابوظبى
تستخدم العديد من المبيدات الحشرية الغير مضرة بصحة الإنسان لأنها مصرح بها من وزارة الصحة بابوظبي، لذا فأنها أمنة جداً ولا يوجد بها ضرر، لذا لابد أن نتخلص من جميع الحشرات حتى لا يحدث للإنسان أي مكروب

Saturday, April 10, 2021 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home