family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sorry...







It's been a long time. I know. Things are busy here. Jeff has surgery tomorrow. They are replacing 2 of his disks with titanium stuff then sculpting cadaver bone around it. YUCK! He will be in the hospital for 3-5 days and has a pretty lengthy recovery. 6-8 weeks VERY restricted and another 6-8 months with no lifting or twisting. So he can't hold Soren for the next 8 months.. Hopefully all will go well and he will be back in working shape sooner than later. I am also worried about how I am going to hold the fort down with work, two kids, animals and I am supposed to be getting ready for my big social work license exam.


I think we are both a bit anxious. When you are that close to the central nerve... Let's just hope they don't slip.


Veda turned 7 yesterday. She also lost her 5th tooth. Belinda her tooth fairy gave her a little somethin somethin extra. She was pretty excited. She has a talent show on Friday- playing piano.



Soren starts daycare full time tomorrow. I don't want to talk about it... He will be fine. He is growing like a weed. Still not wanting to give in to crawling. He likes his army commando crawl. Works fine for him. He is pretty much eating "people" food. Only a few more baby food jars in our house. He has 6 teeth and is working on a few more I think.


I have my big Disability Awareness Week at my job the week of March 10th. Hope I can pull this all off on top of stuff here. I have been planning all year.

And on the saddest note... Our very close family friend Bishop Thomas Makarios died yesterday. He was in a car accident on 1-5-08 and was never able to recover.
Sorry I couldn't get that one picture to rotate.
Send Jeffe good thoughts tomorrow around noon.






1 Comments:

Blogger LawMommy said...

Sending good thoughts right now. It's about 12;30 on Monday.

Call us if you need anything, including a place to sleep, food, a hug, etc.

Love,
G

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home