family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tuesdays should be dispensible...

So my kids are great! They are fine. Not one problem on the horizon. No sniffles. No blocked pooper. We are clear. Veda has even been somewhat sweet to us lately. Using her please and thank yous a lot.

Jeff on the other hand.... We went to the Spine Dr. yesterday. My first time going with him. (I really need to go every time b/c I found out a lot.) Jeff reports to the intern that his pain ranges from a 0-8. What!? I knew it didn't feel good but an 8. And an 8 from Jeff is a 15 for me I am sure. The boy doesn't complain much. I swear it's a boy thing. I also found out that his left foot is numb all the time. HELLO! Should we be concerned? YES!!

Jeff gets up and show the Dr. his back and the Dr. looks concerned. Good! He notices that there is a large change. Then he starts asking questions about weight loss (Jeff has lost 18 pounds in the past 4-6 months) and pain scales. He then notices that Jeff's back is swollen. So he decides that he wants to get more blood work and a second MRI. We go and get the blood work done with no problems.

Later in the night I am lying in bed and Jeff comes in and lies next to me.

"I have to tell you something. You are going to be mad at me if I don't."

"Okay, what?" (I am thinking- who did he kill? Sleep with? Is the house on fire? Is there a big booger on my nose?)

"You do know what that blood test was for don't you?"

"No."

"It was a C-Met (?) it checks for cancer..."

Sweating immediately occurs. What? Are you Fucking kidding me? It makes sense thought. Weight loss, pain, shifting.. But it just can't be. So now we have to wait until Tuesday to find anything out!! And I sit trying not to let J know that I am freaking out. He seems so calm about it. I shouldn't even worry about it until we know more. Ugh. I am worried about it. I am so worried that something may happen to my Jeffe. I don't want to have him be sick or hurt. I don't want him to be in pain anymore. Someone please take this away. I am ready to recycle this back issue. Recycle it back to where it came from.

On the bright side- the Dr. is currently paying attention. There will be movement now.

I am applying now for my reality TV show.

1 Comments:

Blogger cari c said...

Hey Danielle - just wanted to send a big hug your way. Fingers crossed that the bloodwork all comes back fine and that he just has a nerve being pinched by a ruptured disk or something.

What is your reality TV show?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home