family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Life- as an adult...

Seriously, I am old. I am coming close to banking in on my 35th birthday... UGH.

So is better- on an antibiotic. He had an ear infection and sore throat. He continues to be silly. He has been lucky enough to spend time with his CB the last two days. He loves her... (So do I!)

Again I experienced one of those mother nights... 11:30 at night- fast asleep... "mom, mom, mom... MOM!" Veda standing over me at the side of the bed. I can see her face is flushed in the dark. Shit. I knew it. She wasn't joking yesterday when she said her throat hurt. She is notorious for being sick for a moment then a rapid recovery! MAGIC! I wish I could put that in a bottle.

Dr. B has no openings today so we will be going to the walk in tonight. I swear I must have funded that man's retirement. But I love him. He is a wonderful Doctor.

So there has been no heat at work for the last 2 days. No really- no heat. I have Veda with me today at work (thinking that by now it would have been fixed). She is under her blanket with a room heater on her, snow boots, a hat, winter coat and sweatshirt. At least she is warm...

Jeff thought his back was getting better yesterday! We go on the 15th to see the spine surgeon. I hope this gets fixed soon. If not I fear I may lose my boy to depression- or he may just break out the kitchen knife and try his had at being a surgeon.

Students are back on Monday. Looking forward to the excitement of a new semester.

Did you all read about the man who killed 5 people in the Toledo area? He was drunk driving.. Well, his brother (the one who is quoted frequently in the papers) is my student. It was my students truck that hit the mini-van. I am so sad for the family and my student. His life is ruined now too. What one bad choice can do. GW- I hope you aren't the one chosen to defend him. That would be ugly.

I ordered my new camera!! It should be here tomorrow! I think I am going to go into photography!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home