family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Wednesday, July 11, 2007


Went to see Dr. B yesterday for Soren's 2 month well check. He is 13 lbs and 23 1/2 inches long. He is growing well. He said that I should just forget about the jaundice because it isn't enough to worry about. And when I asked him about Soren's sleeping- he just said "Don't worry. He is a baby. He will grow out of it." So again last night I was up 5 times with the boy. That does not include bringing him into bed with me at 5:00 and all of the snuggles I had to do after that. My friend HL thinks that Soren is using me as a pacifier and/or I am part of the problem. Since he can smell milk on me etc. She offered to come and stay over for a night so we could run an experiment but I don't want her to have to do that. I just need to figure out a way to help him sleep more. I tried the swing again last night but didn't make any difference.


Soren's daytime is getting better. He is more jovial and interactive. We are having fun with him.


Next week will be the first time I am actually going to be away for any length of time. I am going into Hospice to pack up and fill in for my co-worker (only a few days). I am interested to see how it will go. Did I tell you that my friend CB said she would watch Soren for us!!! We are so thrilled and so lucky to know that he will be in the loving arms of a friend.


I can't believe that summer is almost over for me. We are thinking about going up north this weekend to Jeff's cabin. We haven't been there is such a long time.