family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sucka!

This is how it went. (Really, this guy held me at gun point. I HAD to do it.. At least that's what I told Jeff.) The door bell rang and Veda ran to get the door. She opens this door and there is a man standing there. I would say he was in his early 20's- college kid. He starts giving me this babble about kids books and I say "No thanks, I'm all set." The next thing I know this guy is sitting on my couch with books spread everywhere!! Needless to say, I am the sucka. I ended up purchasing some books. Only a few. Well, okay- they were pretty expensive. I have to say in my defense that the books are pretty cool. But not THAT cool. I plan on calling the company tomorrow to have them come back and pick up the books as I was temporarily INSANE!!

Had a great visit with my "mom and dad". Played a lot of Trouble and ate way too much. If you're wondering why the "mom and dad"- it's because I have adopted these two. I have know "dad" since I was a wee kid and "mom" came soon after. Veda told "dad" that she was so glad that they were here because no-one ever gets to spend time with her as they are too busy with me and/or Soren. Ugh. That one hurt. He shared that info so I knew that even though she is saying she is doing fine- she may need a little extra TLC.

Today we spent moving books and cleaning up Veda's room. I had some friends over and so did Veda. Veda and I did our toenails together this morning so we are trying to have mom/Veda time. (I am trying to be a good mom.)

Tomorrow my agenda is to get Mr. Book Guy back here and pick up his golden laced books. I am also going to try to get another room organized. I really would like to get the house together before I head back to work.

Soren is STILL awake a lot at night. Trying to work on that before I go back to work so I have some sort of sanity. I still don't believe how I haven't just fallen over into a deep coma or sleep like state with the lack of sleep I have endured.

Still negotiating with my friend about whether or not she may have Soren.

And why can't I get "Soren" to pass through my spellchecking... UGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home