family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Saturday, May 19, 2007

At Dr. B's

Veda and Jeff are at the Dr. right now finding out the fate of her tonsils. If I were Dr. B. I would rip those puppies right out. This kid has been sick with Strep more times than I have.

It was a rough night. We had to divide and conquer with the kids. Jeff and Veda slept in the living room while Soren and I stayed cooped up in the bedroom. Soren did not feel like sleeping much in his pack in play. He really likes to sleep on me or next to me. Well, last night I finally gave in because my eyeballs are about to fall out. Sleep dwindles...

Veda is feeling better today. No fever. She is already begging to hold Soren but I told her she needed to wait until 24 hours after being on her antibiotic and with Dr. B.'s consent.

Jeff said that Veda fell off the couch last night while she was sleeping. When she gets sick she really gets sick. But typically it fades quickly. This is a good thing. But let me tell you- it is pretty scary when her temp gets up near 104. I don't like it. Even Jeff gets a bit worried. And it's not comforting to know that a nurse is nervous about a fever. But he is her Dad and I am sure that changes things too.

They got home from Dr. B.'s. Veda has a strep test but did not get positive results on the quick test. They sent in the culture. We'll know in a few days. Until then, or at least Monday, we need to keep Veda and Soren apart. Yeah, right. Veda is doing okay with this news- just sad. She really wants to hold him. But knows he is just too little to get sick.

New pictures coming soon...