family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Once again... It would ONLY happen to me.

So things are going smoothly here. Jeff had a dinner birthday party for me on Saturday as my b-day is tomorrow. It was so nice to see all of the people who were there. Jeff did such a nice job. I guess it is good to know that he really stinks at lying.

So today was going along swimmingly. I was visiting with one of my patients (who is a nun) and we decided to go for a walk outside as it is such a beautiful day. After our walk I took her back to her room and she decided that she would like to get back in bed. She is what I would call VERY INDEPENDENT!! She stood up from her wheelchair and pulled her pants down. I guess she wanted to be more comfortable. This is where the problem started. She became tangled in her pants and started to fall. I tried to break her fall and did it somewhat successfully- though she did land on the floor. But in the mean time her trapeze bar (what she uses to help hoist herself up in bed) hit me square in the eye. Yes, a nun gave me a black eye. It's pretty funny all the things you can read into it. Is the BIG MAN trying to tell me something from above?! She is fine. A small scrape on her back. It was surely interesting.

It was 71 today here. Loved it! The kids played outside and the windows are still open. Just waiting for the snow to hit later this week. Ahh Michigan.