family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Hospice care for my car...

Well, I decided against it. I had a cracked manifold. Did I spell that correctly? It would have been a pretty penny to fix along with the chance of other things going wrong. The poor girl had 114,000 miles on her. She did me well. So today we went out and got a new car. I won't have it until Monday but we got one- thanks to a friend who has some knowledge and benefits... We decided on a Jeep commander. I like it. But I liked my free car better. J is beside himself because we didn't get a hybrid. I understand his point. But they are even more expensive and all I have read about them say they are not all that much better- Yet! Which is why we only got a 24 month lease. This way we can get a hybrid in a few years.

My mom and dad are coming tomorrow. I am happy to see them. I wish we lived closer. They are going to be putting up their home for sale. Remember they bought that lake house last year. Well, this home, that they are selling, is the place I have called "home" my entire life. I am a bit freaked out. I can't imagine someone else sleeping there and not being able to walk in. I am not giving my key back. I refuse. I simply refuse. I will keep it and someday I will go and wait until the new owners go to work and I will go in and see how my home is. It's funny how much you can put into a material object. Oye vey. It makes me really sad.

Work is going well. We are really busy. A lot of patients. I think that J may start there as a contingent RN. Extra money and I think he will really enjoy the work. There is going to be a big reorganization on Monday at my work. We are all moving. I am going from sharing an office with 2 people to sharing with 13. No I am not happy. But it will do. Most of the time I am out with my patients anyway.

Off to play with V and her friends that are over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hybrid smybrid, you're right they aren't as efficient. You made the right choice -- go BIG OIL

KH

Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home