family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back to the grind..

I would think that after getting married- or any big event for that matter- that you would have some sort of a grace period at work. Well, not in this case. My co-worker is gone two weeks (last week and this coming week) so I am covering all of our patients... Yes, this is trying. We have had a lot of new admits and some really sick people. But you know it has been ok. I have handled it well- I think. Only a few tears.

My favorite guy- we'll call him Stub, died yesterday. Little old man that I fell in love with. Go figure- me think a little old man is cute. Secretly you all know I am waiting anxiously for J to get little and old. For some reason I just think they are so damn cute.

V is doing well. As one of my friends blogged about on her site- are kids are starting school in just a few weeks. V is very excited. I am not. I don't want her to be in school for that many hours with that many kids. Who knows how those kids are going to treat her or how their parents have treated them. Have they all watched Star Wars?? Should I let her watch some of these things so she knows who Princess Leia is while she plays on the playground. You see I have put a violence bubble around V. Starting to crumble already. Other kids want to watch certain cartoons and I just have to let go a bit. UGH!

Changed my name... That's okay. I mess up a lot when I am signing my name at work.

Hoping to have a baby. I think. We are not going to actively try (this is J's way of moving toward pregnancy) but we aren't going to take any precautions. I think my uterus may be to filled with cob webs. I'm getting old you know. I have to admit that I am scared. A lot of things have happened to people I love- it could just as easily happen to us. I know that I am not safe. And that makes me hesitate.

The first time I got pregnant it just happened real easily. I went to the Doctor because I thought something was going on with my thyroid- but no it was V. That was an interesting phone call. I had now clue. Anyway- this could be an adventure. I am already up tight about it and it's barely begun. And if it does happen- then what??

Off to shower. I have to go meet with one of my patients today.. Yes, on Sunday. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home