family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Monday, April 03, 2006

Working Blues...

So it hit me today... and boy did I have a good cry. I came home from work and realized that no longer am I a "most-of-the-time-I'm-home-except-for-the-occasional-work/intern/class-days". Now I work full time. I walked into my fiance cleaning and my daughter wanting to use her easy bake oven with him. Of course I cried, I can't do these things anymore. I sure hope this will get easier for me. Summer is going to really suck b/c they are going to be doing lots of fun things together while I work. I am going to miss so many things. All of the songs I won't hear, the silly play date feuds- ugh. My heart aches. I wish I could figure this all out. I didn't go to get my MSW just to be at home. Did I?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The prospect of being a working mother unnerves me. SH and I have discussed and planed for the eventual (like 2 years in the future) arrival of children, and we have decided that he will be the stay-home parent. Our decision is based on the fact we can not support a family on his income, but we could on mine plus maybe a day or two of him working. It is important to us that our children are not spending the bulk of their time in daycare (I love daycare, just not for ten hours a day, 5-6 days a week like some of my colleagues children). I see friends and family members with children, and I do not see how I will be able to let SH stay home with them while I work, it would break my heart. So I need you to figure out how to be a working mother, then teach me!

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home