family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Bye Bye Dream oh mine..

So on Thursday I met with one of met professors who I respect greatly and who knows the non-profit business well. And I do mean well. He confirmed my feelings of maybe it's not the right time. He basically told me that he loved my spirit and thought that I would be absolutely wonderful for the job- BUT he knew that money was so hard to get and didn't think the county I am in right now had enough to even get us paper clips. So I have bowed my head and let go of my dream. A few tears with it but also a weight off of my shoulders. I have already heard from some of the other business' locally who deal with people with developmental disabilities- that's good because maybe I can join forces.

Or I got an interview for that job... that's right the $50/hr job!! We'll see. I got a bit excited but I am surely not going to put my eggs in this basket until it is fully weaved.

Taking V to my parents today and then I am off to play with my girls from high school. It should be fun. But they say we are closing the bars. I don't think I have ever done that. Ouch. But it will be fun.

J is going winter camping today. Hopefully he takes the dogs. The puppy ate V's lunch box last night and right now he is running around the house like a maniac. Better go feed the beast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chas said...

D-
Whatever you end up doing, you will be great. Any one would be lucky to have you. And $50 an hour isn't a bad start.. have fun with your friends(Me sobbing quietly).. Be Safe.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 8:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... I know you had a lot on your mind today, what with having to let go of your dream (at least temporarily). But absolutely no mention of what today was??? Sigh... some people are so self-centered.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 4:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home