family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Tea Party was a success

So I only wish that I was smart enough to figure out how to post pictures here. The tea party was so fun!! All of the girls dressed up so cute and the hats were great!! Veda really enjoyed it and I think everyone else did as well.

The dilemma lies in this... I have always said that Veda would NEVER have a Barbie- well last year "Santa" brought them because that is all she asked for. But today we came home with a Barbie head. Yes, that's right, a Barbie head. No body, no legs, no heart, no arms- just a head. And I must say that she looks much different than I remember my sisters looking- well, before I got a hold of it. Sorry N. It already has eyelashes that are longer than my legs, lips that are like Angelina's and has the cheek bones that you could cut a steak with. So thank goodness that Veda got a karaoke machine from my niece, sister and brother- this has held her attention since the party. Do you think she will notice if she goes missing? And the funny thing is that my puppy is scared of her. He sat and barked at her in the kitchen because he was so enraptured by her beauty- ok he was scared shitless because it looks like my counter is growing heads. Maybe I will just set her aside for now. The shelter kids could really use this toy. :)

I miss J. I haven't seen him in what feels like weeks. I know- it's only been a few days. 12 hour shifts can sometimes be hard but boy is it nice to have him around 4 days a week (of course I am usually busy then).