family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Quiet house

I wake up today to a quite house. Those of you who know me know that this is unusual. Dogs, cats and a 4 year old (and yes, JW in the background playing World of Warcraft) (P.S. I started playing last night... trying to connect on other levels. It wasn't all that bad. Hmm..) But today is a different quiet. Didn't sleep much after last night's class. (I'll come back to this.) Veda is officially 5. This brings about a lot of emotion. Always does for me. Yes, I am a sap. Remember I cried my eyes out at the dog movie. Just her getting older, remembering her birth, memories of her since she was a baby and memories of her bio dad dying. Now I feel like I'm in a good place with my grief here but dates like these always bring up his death. But each year it gets different. So I made 48 cupcakes last night. Of course V has more than 24 kids in her class so I had to use 2 boxes. Bummer.

Ok class... So our assignment was to write our problem statement and goals/objectives for our grant proposal. I did them but as a friend told me I need to "dumb them down." :) And my goals were way off as I was writing programming goals where I should have written development goals. Suck! But back to the drawing board. I will keep the goals I wrote for future reference (after they are refined) but I just want to be done with this grant so I can actually send one it that has pieces of this one in it! Is is possible to have 2 grants written by the end of March when you have NEVER written a grant before?? I'm having dinner with my professor next week to discuss more.

Off to wake up my 5 YEAR OLD KID!! And yes, I kissed my 4 year old toddler last night when I got home from school. I wonder if she'll be the same or if that magic birthday dust has already landed on her. Don't forget to sing her happy birth minute at 4:29pm today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home