family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I'm old. That's all there is to it...

So V is 5 tomorrow. It is hitting me that I no longer have toddler. I am the "mother" of a 5 year old. No longer "mommy" now I am just know as a "mother". Last night she told JW that she was putting herself to bed and did not want me to come up and kiss her when I got home. Come on! How can a mother resist kissing her child before bed. The only nights I haven't done this are nights that she is away from me- and on those nights I call her. I don't think I am ready to be a "mother". There is such a difference. I guess I just need to hurry up and get knocked up!

My mom and dad are coming tomorrow to celebrate V's big day. I am so glad I am going to see them. It has been so long since we have spent some time together. As an adult I have come to realize that I am the luckiest woman ever! I have great parents! They are always there for me (well, my dad doesn't always like to talk on the phone but if mom isn't home you can't shut him up. Just have to know when to call if you want to chat with him). And my sister is kick ass too! And I am lucky to have a brother in law that I like (most of my friends are not so lucky), a niece I adore and I am loving J's family more and more. It's nice to be surrounded by smart, creative, supportive and loving people. Basically- I love my family. But I can' t believe that I don't see them more than I do. We all only live 2 hours apart! It will be a lot easier when I am finished with school and J is not working every weekend I am off. Can't wait to spend time at Duck Lake.

And did I mention that I found this boy that I have fallen in love with. We are so silly in our relationship. Both of us have a cycle of grump- I think I have written about this before. It's nice when we both realize that it's just stupid to waste time being grumpy. I just need to remind myself of this more often.

Well, off to class. Only a few more weeks then I am finished!! Can't wait!! Can you believe that I am going to have my Masters Degree? Who would have thought. I remember the day I fought my dad about going to college. I wanted to stay home with my high school boyfriend. Good thing I got a hard push to go on. Otherwise I may be in a much different situation.

Kisses

1 Comments:

Blogger Chas said...

I think I kicked that high school boyfriend in the gonads if I remember correctly?? We are getting old, for sure.. We are going to be "Mothers" to "Kindergartners".. Yes, it is time for you to get knocked up again!! Get Busy..

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home